Draw and Paint, 6-8 years
- A Power Point presentation is shown to students explaining the project.
- The teacher demonstrates drawing the image while students participate.
- Patterns are added to the image and markers add color.
- Students use templates, reference pictures and pattern ideas
Intermediate Drawing and Painting 9-12 years
- This class will teach students the fundamentals of line, pattern, and texture.
- Students are shown a slide presentation about the project
- Drawing demonstrations are shown.
- Children will apply techniques in pencil, marker, soft or oil pastel.
- Drawing Media includes pencil, charcoal pencil, ink, oil pastels and soft pastels.
- Second semester students learn about color and color schemes
- Painting is done with watercolor, tempera or acrylic.
Intermediate 2 for 10-12 years
- This class will teach students the fundamentals of line, pattern, texture.
- Students will learn the fundamentals of value and shading moving on to more advanced skills.
- A slide presentation and demonstrations of materials are considered
- Children will apply techniques in pencil, colored pencil, marker, or oil pastel.
Art 1 12-15 years
- For students who are ready to move on to advanced skills in drawing.
- Concentration on drawing first semester includes materials such as oil or soft pastels, charcoal pencils, or colored pencils
- Students study detail, with greater consideration of the subject and materials in this class
- The class concentrates on painting and color in the second semester.
- Painting is done in tempera, watercolor or acrylic.
Art 2-3 13-17 years
- Students move on to more advanced skills in drawing in various media such as pencil, ink, pastel, or colored pencil
- Skills are enhanced as students work to create movement in their drawings.
- Second semester students learn about color and color mixing creating art in acrylic on canvas.
Back to Home Page: The Artist Experience